Westport Triathlon Club Skills Training with Aichlinn O'Reilly will take place on Friday 30th June and Saturday the 1st of July. Anyone who is interested in taking part should book through the Club What's App.
Aichlinn O'Reilly, fellow club member and a member of the Triathlon Ireland National Development Squad will be running a training camp on the Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Aichlinn brings a wealth of experience having represented Ireland 3 times at junior level and once at senior level. He has won the Westport Triathlon and the Ras Mhaigheo. Aichlinn is currently studying Sports Science in Limerick University and is a level 1 TI coach.
The man has tons of talent and we are lucky to get him to help us sharpen our skills for race season.
- Meet at the swim entry point opposite The Towers at The Quay
- Friday evening (6.45-9pm) Run Skills
- Saturday morning (8.30am-12.30pm) Cycle, Swim and Transition Skills, Nutrition Q&A
Focus on bike skills
- Focus on skills so practicing both drafting and non drafting. How to work together even in a non drafting race without drafting.
- Transition skills, mounting/un-mounting, having shoes already clipped on to bike.
- Practice eating and drinking on bike.
- Position on bike.
Focus on run skills
- Mix of strength and conditioning and drills focused on running.
- Tips for how to run off the bike.
- Easy run focusing putting drills into practice.
- Afterwards Aichlinn will be free to answer any questions about anything such as race nutrition, tapering, equipment etc.
Focus on open water swim skills
- Three areas to focus on with most important being drafting off faster swimmers.
- He will also work on sighting and buoy turns.
- The Quay, using buoys
Aichlinn will be available after the session to answer any questions anybody might have.
The workshop is free to WTC members.