Westport Triathlon Club is holding its annual Triathlon Training Camp on Saturday and Sunday the 3rd and 4th of March. The camp will have a beginner focus on day one and and more intermediate and advanced theme on day two.
Although members are advised to go to both days as with triathlon there is always something new to learn.
The year camp is being delivered by Westport's Con Doherty. Con has being competing at the top level since 2011 and in 2017 alone he won the Irish Triathlon National Championships, he came 2nd in the Malmö ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup and 5th in the 2017 Tartu ETU Sprint Triathlon European Cup. So it fair to say Con is at the top of his game, you read all of his achievements here: https://www.triathlon.org/athletes/results/46674/constantine_doherty
The camp will focus on:
Focus on training skills
- How to training at the correct level
- Advantages of regular testing
- How to use Training Peaks to organise your training
Focus on bike skills
- Focus on skills so practicing both drafting and non drafting. How to work together even in a non drafting race without drafting.
- Transition skills, mounting/un-mounting, having shoes already clipped on to bike.
- Practice eating and drinking on bike.
- Position on bike.
Focus on run skills
- Mix of strength and conditioning and drills focused on running.
- Tips for how to run off the bike.
- Easy run focusing putting drills into practice.
- Afterwards Aichlinn will be free to answer any questions about anything such as race nutrition, tapering, equipment etc.
Focus on swim skills
- Three areas to focus on with most important being drafting off faster swimmers.
- He will also work on sighting and buoy turns.
The cost of the camp is €20 (for access to both days) and is open to current Westport Triathlon Club members only.
If you are interested in become a member of Westport Triathlon Club there click here.
Tickets are available in the club shop and to guarantee a place you must sign up before the 21st of February.
Sign up here: