Why Join Us?
We are a very friendly club, welcoming beginners, pro triathletes and everyone inbetween.
We’re people just like you, at all levels but with common interests in triathlon, swimming, cycling or running. You will get good company, new friends and training buddies, and get advice and training from our Triathlon Ireland/Cycling Ireland qualified coaches. There’s a friendly atmosphere at our swim, cycle and run sessions, they’re a great way to have fun while exercising and share tips and information. Our camaraderie and team spirit is energising and you may find that it will give you the extra motivation to keep going, or inspires you to push that bit harder.
Frequently asked questions
Ask us a question
Benefits of joining the club
- Access to private low cost swim classes with two Triathlon Ireland level 2 coaches.
- Access to private low cost spinning classes.
- Organised weekly swim, bike and run training sessions.
- Internal club competition based on your gender and age group.
- Low cost advanced training and sports development workshops to give you the competitive edge.
- Club social events: Spring training camps, club quiz night, summer BBQ and Christmas dinner and awards ceremony.
- Discounted entry to Triathlons events.
- Discounted Westport Triathlon Club branded gear.
- The right to wear Westport Triathlon gear and also be part of (probably) the best triathlon club in the world :)
- Access to club mentor programme
- Goals assessment and a personalised plan for every member to target a triathlon or duathlon of their choice by experienced TI coaches Colm Casey and Ross McGlynn.
- 10 months of training plans delivered directly to your email or phone.
- All plans will be personalized to individual athlete requirements catering for beginners, intermediate or advanced.
|Cycle Superstore||www.cyclesuperstore.ie||€20 Voucher|
|Udo's Choice||www.udoschoice.ie||€4 Voucher|
|Stena Line||www.stenaline.ie/triathlonireland||10-15% Discount|
|Training Peaks (Athlete)||www.trainingpeaks.com||20% Discount|
|Allianz Travel Insurance||www.allianz-assistance.ie||10% Discount|
Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership Westport Triathlon Club costs €75 for 12 months from Dec to Dec..
Westport Triathlon Club is a registered member of Triathlon Ireland and member and member are required to purchase a Triathlon Ireland license to cover them for insurance. You have a choice and can take out a training only (non-race) license or a race license.
The difference between the two licenses are:
- A Training only (Non-Race License) costs €25 a year but if you want to to enter a Triathlon Ireland sanctioned event you will need to pay for a One Day License for around €15.
- A Race License costs around €75 a year. If you have this license then you do not need to purchase an additional one day license. We advise our members to get this license if possible.
All members of Westport Triathlon Club must have an active Triathlon Ireland license to join in training sessions for insurance purposes.
By joining Westport Triathlon you will agree to follow our club constitution: